Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wednesday, October the 17th. We Meet Again!


     Before I go into the meeting reminder I wanted to share this Shellac update with those of you that use it.  I shared the dating system that Zinsser uses to  show the manufacturing date of their products.  I also mentioned my belief that it was good for either 6 months or a year from that date -- WRONG!   Here's a response I got from them:


John,
Our Shellac finishes actually will have a shelf life of three years. The Sanding Sealer that you have mentioned, Lot # S16026D, would have been made in June of 2011.  This would make the expiration of the product in June of 2014.
If you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Jason K.


     So, let's talk about the meeting.  You remember Eric Felber's presentation on sharpening techniques a few months back?  Well, even with all of the research he did on that he still found the time to make a side table in the Shaker Style.  There must have been some interesting developments during its construction because Jamie decided to title his presentation:

Disaster, Humiliation, and Redemption; 
The making of a Shaker Style Side Table

I don't know about you but that sure piques my curiosity!  Plan on being there to learn the back story, wonder if it has any resemblance to Hunter Thompson's  Fear & Loathing book?

See you Wednesday at 7:00 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment